Director of Strategic Communications & Marketing
Position Title: Director of Strategic Communications & Marketing
Position Type: Full-time
Location: Washington, DC
Work Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm
TI Verbatim Consulting (TIVC) is a veteran, women-owned business specializing in Business Support services contracting for government and commercial customers in the areas of Program Management, Logistics, and IT Support Services. At TIVC we believe that you are more than just a “One Size Fits All Approach”. Our services are based on Excellence, Ethics, Collaboration and Flexibility. Our mission is to treat our customers as partners, deliver excellence, and implement lasting solutions.
TIVC is growing!! We are currently seeking a Full-Time Senior Communications & Marketing Director to support a contract in a Government Agency in Washington, DC. The mission of this position is to identify and facilitate the implementation of innovative solutions to help other government agencies become more efficient and transparent in Federal Financial Management.
Contractor shall assist government agency in communicating the success and relevance of their strategic initiatives. The contractor shall propose and implement a strategic communications plan that will be effective with government agency, to include internet and intranet content, brochures, slide decks, training materials, webinars, videos, presentation, blogs, roadmaps, playbooks and other means of conveying the vision.
The contractor will assist leaders within agency as well as agency partners in identifying the key messages regarding how agency’s projects work toward the objectives of the future. This message will link the specific agency projects and related agency activities to the broader public purpose contained in a ten-year vision. The contractor will facilitate meetings, prepare communication products (e.g. document, web-content and video) and conduct evaluations to identify the correct message that communicates a future direction that resonates with the government agency.
The scope includes changes to existing programs, systems, and services that strategically impact the financial operations of federal agencies. It includes both centralized services and shared services. It includes efforts to add major new features for existing agencies and implement existing functionality within new agencies.
Required Experience, Knowledge and Skills
· Ten or more years of experience in developing and implementing marketing and communication strategies that have consistently met or exceeded planned objectives.
· Experience in advising government offices on communication strategies to increase their visibility internally and externally
· Experience in writing, editing, and preparing graphic presentations of technical information for both technical and business personnel is desired. Experience working directly with the federal financial community preferred.
· Ability to analyze key audiences, uses and benefits of various communications strategies.
· Experience in leading Section 508 compliance process through document preparation and remediation.
· Ability to create visually appealing, grammatically correct content and materials across a variety of online and offline mediums (blog content and artwork, brief hand-outs, talking points, articles, webinars, training sessions, etc.) reflecting a high quality that conveys the importance of the initiatives and the professionalism of the Agency.
· Ability to leverage data and analytics to support marketing and communications initiatives
· Keen customer focus is essential; ability to engage personally with customer/client team to discover and deliver on their needs.
· Ability to partner and align with greater organizational goals as well as group goals.
· Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create deliverables in a result driven, team-oriented environment.
· Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office applications to include MS Project
Required Education and Experience
· BA in Marketing/Communications
· Master’s Degree preferred
· PMP Desired
· 7-10 Experience
· Office work environment: 100%.
No Relocation Provided.