Entry Level Human Resources Specialist
Position Title: Entry Level Human Resources Generalist
Position Type: Part Time to Full-Time
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Work Hours: Monday – Friday
TI Verbatim Consulting (TIVC) is a veteran & women-owned business specializing in Business Support services contracting for government and commercial customers in the areas of Program & Administrative Management, Logistics, Leadership Coaching, and IT Support Services. At TIVC we take more than just a “One Size Fits All” approach. Our services are based on Excellence, Ethics, Collaboration and Flexibility. Our mission is to treat our customers as partners, deliver excellence, and implement lasting solutions.
TIVC is growing!! We are currently seeking a Entry Level Human Resources Generalist to join our team of professionals in Fredericksburg, VA.
The HR Generalist is responsible for providing expertise and support in the following areas of human resources administration: employer/employee relations, benefits administration, compensation administration, recruitment and selection, training and development, performance management, HR strategy, HRIS, government compliance, employment law, and retention and maintenance of employment records.
- Partner with Supervisors and Operations Managers to manage and develop employees in their environment.
- Partner with and support the Contract and Program Management and Finance Department heads to achieve desired outcomes as directed by the CEO.
- Assist in the development and implementation of employment policies and procedures
- Participate in the development and establishment of department goals, objectives, and systems that directly impact HR strategy and overall Operations business plans of the corporation.
- Develop, recommend, and implement appropriate HR strategies that meet the business objectives of the corporation.
- Prepare performance management tracking and salary administration reports for management. Notify managers/supervisors in a timely manner when performance reviews for direct reports are due. Review performance reviews and partner with Supervisors to deliver feedback to team members.
- Coordinate the establishment and maintenance of employment files for new employees and terminated employees in accordance with company, state, and federal policy and employment law compliance requirements.
- Coordinate and conduct exit interviews and provide outplacement-counseling support in accordance with company policy
- Involvement with other HR projects as needed.
- 3-5 plus years related experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Human Resources, or a related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal, time management, and organizational skills
- PHR or SPHR certification (not required)
- Office work 100%
- Some travel may be required